Still friends after you break up?

Joseph
Joseph
01/09/2002 1:13 am

Well, since this Open Discussion.

Sex, Sex, sex, sex, sex....

Actually, no..

What I'm refering to is passion, and romance. A lot of us, we say that as the years progress we will always remain just as passionate and willful with our significant other. But times change, and through marriage, and children, and everything else in between, the passion tends to smother itself. It tends to die unnoticably, because we were not paying attention. And once it's gone, sometimes it's impossible to get back.

However, a lot of us we feel we're still young, and we don't have to worry about stuff like this, at least not for another ten or twenty years. But when it happens, it just might hit us like a ton of bricks. So there's a reason why divorce is so popular these days... But it's never easy, because although we move on from relationship to relationship, we forget at times what it is that we are truly searching for.

Beauty, that's what's on most peoples mind. And when we are intimate with that very special beautiful woman, we forget about everything else, and we only focus on the indescribable feelings of love and satisfaction. But a relationship is based on more than love, it's based on tollerance.

How the heck can someone wear the same outfit after a few years? Everything goes out of date, and of course of preferences change. But if our relationships start with friendship, then as the years progress our time spent together is well appreciated, and almost never taken for granted. The beauty of friendship is that even after love, we still hold that person close to our hearts and we long to keep that person in our lives.

We argue as to whether or not man and woman could be friends and lovers at the same time. Well, nothing starts all at once, everything in life, the best things in life are taken one step at a time. I look at my parents, and my friends, and I see how their marriage and relationships have ended. And after constantly seeing this, it helps us realize, well it makes us believe that nothing last forever. And that's very true. But still, if we love someone dearly, it's important to try to find new ways to reach out to them. And through our friendships, although it hard to remain friends with someone after a break up, it's worth it in the long run. Because it helps us figure out what went wrong in our lives, and most importantly, what went right.

Do you have trouble maintaining a friendship with someone after you break up?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/09/2002 2:17 am
LOL, and PonyOne calls himself "the self-proclaimed king of long-winded posts" :D

No, its not a problem. Time and distance can make it hard to stay in touch, but that's true of any relationship.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
01/09/2002 3:04 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
LOL, and PonyOne calls himself "the self-proclaimed king of long-winded posts" :D

No, its not a problem. Time and distance can make it hard to stay in touch, but that's true of any relationship.

You should listen to my daily seminars in class. Although, perhaps I should be teaching sexual education instead of musical education. :D

But seriously, it's not so much of a rambling when you have an open mind. What I've done is I've given you something to think about, and I've given you the chance to read in between the lines.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3

01/09/2002 8:15 pm
Originally posted by Joseph

But seriously, it's not so much of a rambling when you have an open mind. What I've done is I've given you something to think about, and I've given you the chance to read in between the lines.

True, but typically doesn't one "read between the lines" himself as opposed to being told what's in between the lines?

But in response to the question, I think it is possible to remain friends, but it will probably require time. And certainly it depends on the nature of the breakup, and of what the relationship was like in the first place.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.