Acoustic Choice

SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
07/26/2009 3:57 pm
I have a Crafter GAE6/N that I bought last year. At the time it seemed to suit my needs and the local guitar shop recommended it highly.

Since buying my Fender Stratocaster in February I've hardly picked up the Crafter - it just doesn't seem to press the right buttons!

When I mentioned this to the shop I bought the Crafter from he gave me a try of a Tacoma Mini Jumbo Electro Acoustic. He thought it had a more "electric style neck" and it would suit me better. It felt and played great but it's way out of my price range (£900 to exchange my Crafter).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a cheaper alternative which would be of decent spec?

I really would like to vary my playing but can't get on with the Crafter, it just seems too blinkin' big (I suppose anything would after the Strat!!)

Cheers

Jim
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 1
Dazoo
Full Access
Dazoo
Full Access
07/27/2009 12:12 am
Howdy Jim,

I have fallen in love with my new Ovation. Very comfortable to play, and not a bad price at all. A much more talented friend of mine has also tried it out, and "attempted" to steal mine. Fortunatly for me, the Beagle From Hell was on to him and didn't allow him to get much past the side door :)

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29560

Some people love them, some hate them.

Cheers!

Andy
It's better to regret something that you have done than something you haven't.
# 2
JoR0
JoR0
07/28/2009 9:55 pm
Hey man, A few months back I bought an Ibanez ael20e and I've been loving it, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-AEL20E-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner-519998-i1150896.gc . She is a tad bit smaller and thinner in body style and sounds great and looks just as good (in your favorite color!), No complaints except for a slight sympathetic ring with the tuner on loud hard open E's, no problems though, I just threw in a deadener. I would definately recommend you to pick one up and give it a go in the store

Best of Luck
# 3
SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
08/06/2009 8:40 am
Cheers for the ideas.

I tried a few in the local shop and much to my surprise the one I kept coming back to was a Farida M-2NS so that's what I swapped my Crafter for in the end. I had thought I wanted a cutaway and electronics but on the day the Farida stole the show.

It's a great guitar, looks good and sound brilliant and just seems to sit in my hands perfectly. Now I'm always picking it up when I pass and that's just what I was after.

I've two great guitars now, both vying for my attention! :)
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 4
Jason_Dionne
Jason_Dionne
08/06/2009 9:12 pm
Try out some Dean acoustic guitars. I also tried a Godin Seagul acoustic, great guitar, good sound, good feel for a good price. 500$ CND. Check Godin guitars out for sure.
# 5
Khalaio
Khalaio
08/07/2009 6:01 pm
If you're still looking for a new acoustic I have to agree with the Ovation. It sounds great, the feel of it is amazing (the most comfortable acoustic I've ever played), the neck is very similar to an electric. It has a built in tuner so it's great to just bring it with you camping or anywhere really. Also the built in pickup sounds decent. For $300 you can't go wrong with this guitar.
# 6
Lauen Bateman
Lauen Bateman
08/10/2009 2:14 pm
Like Joro I also have an Ibanez ael20e. I love this guitar and everyone who's ever picked it up loves the action on the guitar. They say it's just as easy to play as an electric.

Has a really bright tone to it, so if you are looking for something really warm or dark this may not be the guitar for you. But I love it. I own a purple one. Had Barndi Carlile autograph it and she thought it was a beautiful guitar.
# 7
guitarplayer196
guitarplayer196
08/10/2009 9:25 pm
Originally Posted by: KhalaioIf you're still looking for a new acoustic I have to agree with the Ovation. It sounds great, the feel of it is amazing (the most comfortable acoustic I've ever played), the neck is very similar to an electric. It has a built in tuner so it's great to just bring it with you camping or anywhere really. Also the built in pickup sounds decent. For $300 you can't go wrong with this guitar.

The Ovations sound good but I can't get past the round back, and the looks -To futuristic for me -
"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if its the right one and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." Les Paul - 2002
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.