View post (Kirk Hammett)

View thread

hrckid
hrckid
01/18/2002 10:11 am
[/B][/QUOTE]
They're just not as good as they used to be. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't agree with that. They've just kept evolving. I'm pretty sure if they went back to do Ride the lightening II in the early nineties they'd be in the same boat as Testament, Exodus, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth.NOBODY INTERESTED.Each album shows a fair bit of progress. A lot of people were shocked by the change in direction when they made the Black album. I can remember being a bit disappointed with it as I was really into Justice For All with it's 20 riffs per song and quite liked the dry sound at the time. The first time I heard 'nothing else mattters' I was like....no thrashy bits at the end....what the HELLL! I don't think Load was selling out though.If this had been a 'grunge' album I would have said they were total sell outs as Nirvana were huge around this time .Remember that Load-Reload should really have been a double album so you've got to look at them like that to judge. In hindsight I'd bet they wish they had made it just one album and if you took all the best bits from those albums it would have been one of their best.

I predict that the next album is going to be HUGE as the kids today are into really heavy stuff like slipknot etc. I reckon they're going to be able to release something really heavy and brutal this time and millions of kids are going to dig it.( I don't mean they are going to do 'drop d', play with one finger and Hetfield's going to sing like 'cookie monster' though! Maybe NOW is the time for Ride the Lightening II?