View post (Guitar DIMENSIONS & Co! (body, neck, colors))

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
08/05/2009 5:12 pm
Originally Posted by: sansaNo no maybe I didn't explain myself good.
I would like the dimesions to build guitars already done before:
-because I could make a guitar which sucks..and it's better I follow a "tested" project
-because I save money and I build my favorite guitar..maybe they don't produce this kind of vintage guitars...I'm not just talking about fender but very expensive or unhobtanaible Gibsons, Rickenbackers and Gretschs etc.

I mean with a very low cost I can make a 2000 dollars guitar!! Or a guitar I can't find..like Framus Basses

Not to rain on your parade, but for your first guitar you are likely going to have to settle for "adequate" and be very proud you did it yourself. :)

I recently finished my first. It was neither cheap, nor was it "Gibson quality". (I might give it "Epiphony", though :D ). Maybe you are a super-skilled wood worker, but for myself I doubt that even by my 3rd guitar I'll achieve the same quality of guitar as a luthier with decades of experience.

Then there is the cost. If you have not, you should add up a list of every piece of wood, wire, switch, knob, screw, shielding, pickguard, pick up, tuner, bridge, ferrule, fret, rod, nut, retainer, etc that you will need.

http://www.guitargranny.com/ has a few sets of plans. I have a couple sets and they appear to be pretty good reproductions.

FWIW, I ordered them with the intention of reproducing the guitars as you plan to do, but in the end, decided to make something entirely "my own". At least that way, no one could say I did it wrong. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.