View post (Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
06/10/2000 12:01 pm
I not denying what they're doing is going to benifit the music industry...it's the reasons behind it that've p*ssed most people off - They're not doing to better the future musicians and we know it, it is to line their back pockets...
How do I think I know this?...When Metallica where underground they themselves encouraged bootlegging at their gigs; they sold the copied goods themselves, but now they've discovered how much profit can be made from this, look what they do...
Yes, I download MP3s, but simply to see if it's worth buying the whole album, if I like one or two songs off an album I'll go and fork out the £12-15 needed to buy it, if I don't, I'll delete the files...as always, it's a minority of jerks and idiots who spoil it for the masses...Metallica simply have latched on to that minority and mistaken them for everyone and started to draw in the money...I'm the first to admit I may be wrong in all this and, IF suddenly Metallica turn round and say "We don't want Napster's f*ckin' money, just the rights to our music" then I'll happily withdraw all this....until then though, it's only the memory of what Metallica were that's left of the band...

BTW - This is all pretty much opinion, I'm not trying to sound like some kind of self righteous git...honest....

[This message has been edited by Willdridge (edited 06-10-2000).]
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.