View post (Song "Drown")

View thread

Hamberg
Hamberg
06/01/2009 4:55 pm
I'm a bit confused cuz all the songs have hooks, and have some type of harmonic contrast. Perhaps the raw sound is what you are speaking about???
These recordings were created so that a band had "script" to work with. Infact my writting is influenced a great deal by pop punk, and rap as far as structral arrangement is concerned. There's hooks all over that ****. Again, the sonic quality was left raw as I wanted other musicians input.

I really do appreciate that you had been willing to listen and providing your advise, insight, and perception, and perspect of the track.

In my opinion, everyones opinion is priceless when trying to decide on something like this.

However, profession opinions would bear more weight into a final decision. I am a bit curious as to why you are not still with your label, or as to why it had gone out of business. Saying that you were with a label but now your not, doesn't look very credible, actually looks the inverse.

Also executive producers usually have no other roll then financing a project. Of course they can call the shots, since it is their money, however doesn't prove that they are making the correct, or best decision, just the one that they decide is the best if thats is the case.

Additionally, owning a label, executive producing (well those are kind of the same but...) distributing, and licesnseing... ...well they are all different things, and none of them directly credit you as an authority over musical composition, or determining "What is Cool." Deciding what is cool is my job. Even John Lennon said it. We tell them whats cool...

Yes Metal is a hard sell to a limited, while loyal fan base. I meant mass appeal as The Beatles, or Nirvana. And I am by no means comparing us to them. Thats the kind of image we are working on developing, or appeal. I definately do not mean a brittney spears type of Mainstream Pop Appeal, or and American Idol Sell Out Wanna be poser type of appeal. Just honest, keeping it real, the truth, loyal fans, no selling out, radio, television, not showing up to the grammies type of mass appeal. What I like to call "Main Stream Underground."

I would also like to note that neither did I imply, or state that you were a musician. I was suggesting that the song had more appeal to musicians, and typically this is the case with more complex structures. I was suggesting that If you like more complex music, then that would possibilly appeal more to you, as it had with musicians.

I have no interest in disclosing the label information as I do not want to compromise our deal.
Bass guitar is the answer to everything