View post (m-audio delta 44 sound card/Tracktion)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
05/31/2009 3:10 am
Originally Posted by: GramboIt's just an idea ?
but have you tried disabling the sound card in your PC ?

To be honest I've was using the M-Audio black box with it's own sound card and it was loads of grief - I ended up scrapping the usb connection and just just using the audio output through a mixer and into the Mic input

Hi Grambo-

Yes, I've disabled my onboard sound in both Device Manager, and the option from within Traction. I've since discovered something weird- within Traction, unless I have ALL sound preference enabled (Direct Sound, SoundMax, M-audio), I hear nothing. I've found the m-audio and Tracktion very counter-intuitive. I've scoured the net, and found- "once you figure out the m-audio, it's a great card"- not very helpful from where I am.

I know Traction isn't top of the line sequencer, but I can't see why I can't do some simple recording; well, I AM now able to do some simple recording, but I've read that I should be able to use pedals, or, say Amplitube to shape my sound, but no go there. What I hear and what I get are 2 different things. The VST plug-ins in Tracktion are lacking to put it mildly. No matter what I use, I simply get a dry guitar sound. I'm a real noob at recording, but I've had better results using Audacity and a usb interface, the Line 6 Toneport. I elected to go the dedicated sound-card route to cut down the line noise, which is what I have, but I find it useless if I get cheesy sounds with the plug ins. I'm losing my mind here. I don't know if I need a pre-amp, or make the giant leap to a mixer, which I'm loathe to do at this point in the game. I've spent the last 10 days going through the instructions on the m-audio card AND Traction. I've also tried Ableton as the host sequencer, but after 5 hrs of that, my brain went numb. Thanks for the input. I'd appreciate anything else if it comes to mind. I have thought of using the line-out of the toneport to the line in of the m-audio to see if I can capture the effects of the toneport (it's kinda like the POD, as far as effects). Thanks again.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)