View post (m-audio delta 44 sound card/Tracktion)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
05/24/2009 6:39 pm
Hey all- sorry if this has been covered, but I can't find anything.

I just got an m-audio Delta 44 Sound Card with the break out box for the guitar input. I'm using Tracktion to (try to record with).

The sound card is picking up the guitar signal, because I can hear it with headphones using an output from the box, and I see the meter moving on the Delta Audio Control Panel.

With Tracktion loaded, and the m-audio ASIO selected as the input/output, I can still hear the guitar through the headphones, but no meters in Traction move. With a backing track loaded in Tracktion, I see meters moving- but no sound. When I select Direct Sound as the sound card in Traction, I hear the backing track, but no guitar.

SO- using Tracktion, does anyone know how I can hear BOTH the backing track AND guitar (again, I haven't been able to hear the guitar at all through Tracktion). I think I've been through every possible setting. Ableton Live came loaded with the Delta card, but Tracktion seems a bit more user friendly. Anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong. TIA.

PC: quad-core 3.0 Ghz 2 gigs ram, SATA-7200 rpm HD, XP SP3. I'm losing my mind, having been up all night with this.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)