What's wrong with my amp

Geoff.T.
Geoff.T.
05/24/2009 4:33 am
My 3 year old son is always wanting to play my guitar, I have this Line6 30w combo. He used to play with the knobs and would crank it to 10 then switch it on. Now when I turn it on all the lights are on and it still switches between channels but there is no volume, it has a 12" Celestion speaker which is still okay (I've had it checked) If I turn it up full and put my ear close I can just hear it .
Any ideas?
I have to thank him because I was so devastated when I told my wife that she let me get my Marshall MG100DFX. She hates that because I have to turn it up loud to play it, I told her it was because it is a 100w so she let me get my Marshall AVT50, thinking that being only half the power I can play it softer and still be happy with the sound, which I can, 5 on the AVT is not as loud as 5 on the MGDFX.
I'm hoping if I fix the Line6 and put it next to Daddys Marshall he will play his guitar through his amp, I cringe when he grabs the Warlock it is bigger than he is.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys.
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/24/2009 4:46 am
The thing about transistors in general is they either work, or they don't.

Somewhere on a circuit board in your Line 6 is one or more unhappy transistors.

I suspect your only option unless its still under warranty, is to take it in to the shop, and prepare to feel some pain. :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.