View post (Where to Draw the Line?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/10/2002 5:06 am
Originally posted by chris mood
I never got the whole idea of this music and violence thing. I remember one time going to see Primus, it was my ist time seeing them and was pretty excited. I spent the 1st half of the show dodging stage divers and slam dancers.For the second half of the show I had to move back so far away to get away from the violence I could hardly see the band. The whole experience sucked, know one was really there for the band, they all just wanted hit each other and grope the girls. I grew up going to Grateful Dead concerts so I don't really understand the whole attraction to this thing.

Funny, though most of the Primus shows I've seen have had near 100% moshing, it's been a very amicable kind of mosh... very "friendly." Of course, there are always a couple of ham heads - but they get put in there place sooner or later. If only I could relate what Les said to some kid who hit him in the head with a crushed can one time I saw them... however the board would edit half of my post... but let me assure you that I still laugh about what he said to that little puke today.

Incidents: Primus.... www.primussucks.com You really aught to check those guys out. They're kinda heavy, yet very jammy. Go to the bootleg barn and download some live tracks, and give them a few listens; Primus takes some getting used to more often than not. I have a 14 minute version of Tommy the Cat from one of the shows up there that's completely insane. Two or three guitarists sat in on that one song, and as Les (bassist extraordinare) put it at the end: "Guitarists, can't live with them... can't shoot them legally."

There's also some Col. Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade stuff up too, it's less heavy, more jammy, definately worth checking out.

On a side not: That same Clutch show that had all of those FSU morons also had a guy who must have been 6'7" tall, and about as buff as they come. This guy was HUGE, and he pretty much let everybody toss him around, he didn't get rough, and if anybody fell down, he was the first to help them up or hold back the pit so they wouldn't get stepped on. So yeah, there's always atleast one asshole, but there's always somebody who exibits what true pitting is all about.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons