View post (Where to Draw the Line?)

View thread

Schwigg
Schwigg
01/08/2002 9:59 am
Face it, there's going to be assholes at every show. What show lacks at least one?

Being in an active punk band, I have seen my fair share of B.S. at shows the past few years. There was this one incident I'd like to share.
A few months back I happened to be in Thursday's(emo band) raging pit. Two large men were grabbing one of my friends and taking turns throwing her and kicking her. These two idiots were doing this for quite some time. Not too many in the crowd were noticing, the show was pretty intense. The band had a very clear view, they ignored the situation completely.

I let go to instinct and a I pushed one of the guys. I started screaming at him asking him why he was hitting girls. He told me "You're a pussy defending broads." and he threw me into his buddy. I threw up an orange bandana to signal the club owner. Just as I did this I got hit right in the face and blacked out momentarily. Next thing I know we're outside, and the club owner is kicking their asses. Thank god I'm good friends with him. Thank god he saw the bandana.

Moral of the story?
Nobody at that show gave a **** that these huge dudes were punching girls around and sent one to the hospital. Everyone was talking about it at the show, yet when it was going down, they just let it happen. All respect I had for emo quickly dissolved. End of story.

"Not everyone can live the american dream like we do."
-me