Lesson plan for Intermediates after Fundementals 1&2

guitarplayer196
guitarplayer196
05/07/2009 12:16 am
Question for you intermediates.

I see that GT has Fundementals 1 & 2 for beginners, but I was looking for something along those lines for intermediates(A lesson roadmap if you will of essential lessons), after Fundementals 1 & 2. Would I be moving into a style approach at that point, such as Rock, and if so, is there a logical order/progression in a style curiculum. I am not currently a member of GT but considering it. I am currently a member of Guitarmasterclass.net which has tons of lessons, but I find it a bit overwhelming because there doesn't seem to be much structure to help a guitarist sift through what they should be learning in the right order. I am sure it works for some, but I find myself jumping around alot and I have found it demotivating.

Also does GT have a bookmarking feature to keep track of lessons you are currently working on.

I've reviewed the free lessons, but still not sure if it will solve the same problem I am having with GMC.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if its the right one and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." Les Paul - 2002
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/07/2009 11:16 pm
Hi. I know the Rock, Country and the Blues courses have a system of progression. Starts with course 1, etc. You can move thru the 'chapters' taking the lessons in order and they build pretty logically in my opinion. The instructors will point out that there are Rock Courses coming to replace the Rock Primers, but the primers are great.

What I have seen of some other lessons, Metal, for example, are not yet laid out in a progression exactly like that, however you can search and filter on the large collection of tutorials by difficulty. That's probably where I'm heading next. (Can't stand the screamin' but I love that "chunky death" sound!) ;)

As far as bookmarking, not an integrated system that I have found, however, I'm going fine just using my browser book marks. I like to keep the main page for the course on bookmark, then bookmark the current lesson I'm on as well and just delete the old ones as I move on.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/08/2009 8:51 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarplayer196Question for you intermediates.

I see that GT has Fundementals 1 & 2 for beginners, but I was looking for something along those lines for intermediates(A lesson roadmap if you will of essential lessons), after Fundementals 1 & 2. Would I be moving into a style approach at that point, such as Rock, and if so, is there a logical order/progression in a style curiculum. I am not currently a member of GT but considering it. I am currently a member of Guitarmasterclass.net which has tons of lessons, but I find it a bit overwhelming because there doesn't seem to be much structure to help a guitarist sift through what they should be learning in the right order. I am sure it works for some, but I find myself jumping around alot and I have found it demotivating.

Also does GT have a bookmarking feature to keep track of lessons you are currently working on.

I've reviewed the free lessons, but still not sure if it will solve the same problem I am having with GMC.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael,
Thanks for the great questions. It helps to know what information needs to be "put up front" so people can see it when making a decision.

We do have a bookmarking feature. In the full access lesson interface there is a button that adds each lesson to your bookmarks.

We also give you the list of your entire lesson history, so if you forgot to bookmark something, you can find it by just going back through the list.

Following Fundamentals 1 & 2 brings you to what we call Level 1. We ask you at that point to pick a style: Blues, Rock or Country. When then take you through your chosen style at Level 1, which is very specific to each style. This is in the same step by step style as fundamentals, where all the videos are recorded as part of the whole series, and you just click next, with each topic following the previous in order of difficulty.

From there, we have Level 2, which is currently being revamped (brand new Rock Level 2 will launch next week), and Level 3, and then hundreds of tutorials on all kinds of topics.

Again, great questions. Let me know if you have more.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/09/2009 12:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Jon Broderick

We do have a bookmarking feature. In the full access lesson interface there is a button that adds each lesson to your bookmarks.

We also give you the list of your entire lesson history, so if you forgot to bookmark something, you can find it by just going back through the list.

Whoops, sorry! It's amazing can look at something for so long and not register it! :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 4
swright00
swright00
05/12/2009 3:04 pm
Awesome news on Rock 2. Will Rock 3 and Blues 2 be soon to follow?

Thanks again for all the hard work!
# 5
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/12/2009 10:32 pm
Originally Posted by: swright00Awesome news on Rock 2. Will Rock 3 and Blues 2 be soon to follow?

Thanks again for all the hard work!

We are hard at work on expanding the courses. The next one you will see will probably be Blues 2. We are working as fast as we can, but have to be careful to make it all flow correctly.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
05/13/2009 7:47 pm
Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickFrom there, we have Level 2, which is currently being revamped (brand new Rock Level 2 will launch next week), and Level 3, and then hundreds of tutorials on all kinds of topics.

Next week? Nice!
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 7
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
05/13/2009 10:39 pm
Next week? Nice!

Hey Rick, I saw another post that rock level 2 has already been released.

Decide what you want to do, not just the music style either. Whether you want to play strictly rhythm, or learn lead too. The same concepts are used in all styles of music, but many techniques vary by style. In other words everybody bends strings, but not in the same way. Like if I'm playing rock, or blues I would use a flat pick mostly, and bend single notes. For the country stuff I would hybrid pick, bend single notes, but use other combinations too. So eventhough it's the same concept, it's used in a different way.

I've often wished I could have learned this stuff earlier, instead of having to keep going back. This is your chance to do just that, as everything takes a while to get it right. If you start learning these things now, and practicing them I don't think you will be demotivated at all. Add something new every week, and keep practicing what you already know. You will definitely notice improvement, and this will give you more to draw from in the future. I hope you do join us here at GT, and find what you've been missing with the other guys.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.