View post (New Build: Theories & Opinions invited)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/28/2009 7:48 pm
People insist on bringing me back to earth! =D

Here's the thing. I want the best of both worlds and I know I will not be able to have that, so my approach was to "let the method define the goal" for lack of a better way to say it.

With it I would like to perform piercing lead solos on Eruption (some day!), then click off the dirt and play a nice warm rendition of Blue Spanish Eyes. If I have to define the goal (and the sacrifice), then I would lean toward achieving the piercing lead solos. ...But I want the warm broad tone, too!

I'd like to try for that middle ground and versatility. I am definitely not trying to emulate any particular sound or guitar. I'm more like interested to see how it turns out. When I try considering beyond the woods I think that pick-ups are probably going to be the most defining thing. I'm thinking of S-H (B to N). That should give me some bite with a warm potential. Maybe even S-S-H.

That all said, I still need to be guided by some logic. I know nothing about this and am bound to make some dumb assumptions (see original post :) ). I thought I was onto something by mixing the woods, but the issues with the thru neck make me nervous.

It was reading a Stewart Mac mag that got me all inspired up in the first place. I thought I might be premature in posting, but the whole thing requires some consideration, so I am glad to be getting input. I definitely need to do some research, and getting a few opinions helps give me a starting point.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.