Music Library Software

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/15/2009 7:11 pm
Hi, can anybody recommend some music software helpful for learning songs and playing back for practice?

What I am looking for is something with some features like iTunes (for example), but with some other stuff as well.

-Can import from CD (I don't really care if it is mp3 or not)
-Would like to create libraries and playlists
-Has an EQ that can save adjustments with the song (for boosting the lead range for example, or saving a track at a reduced volume =P)
-Would be nice to isolate a section of a song and play in a loop.

I've been using the Windows mp3 player and iTunes for practicing (still way better than pressing rewind on the tape deck like the old days!).

It would be nice to hear a recomendation or two from like-minded folks rather than hit & miss based on Google or some computer-shop-guy's recomendation lol :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 1
RonF
RonF
03/15/2009 9:19 pm
Guitar & Drum Trainer has most of the options you're looking for, as well as a few more (like slowing music down without altering pitch). I think there's a 15 day free trial, so you can try it out risk-free.
# 2
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/16/2009 5:17 pm
Doubt I'll wait for the trial to end before registering. :) Thanks!!!!
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 3
amaday
amaday
03/16/2009 7:04 pm
Hey Razbo,

I've recently been using the trial of Transcribe. It's free for 30 days and for sure has the following:

-Has adjustable EQ (preset and create your own) that can save adjustments with the song (for boosting the lead range for example, or saving a track at a reduced volume =P)
-Would be nice to isolate a section of a song and play in a loop. AND save bookmarks of loop sections.

Sorry, I don't know about ripping directly from CD or creating playlists, as I use iTunes for that.

But for transcribing, I haven't found any that do what is important for me. Ease of loop selection (click and drag), and bookmarking loops so that I can go from section to section. Very cool stuff! :D

If you like, transcribe is at http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html

Alex
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.