Tuner

grandpadad
HappyHere
grandpadad
HappyHere
03/13/2009 3:09 pm
Only wish I'd bought it sooner
This little gadget, my electronic tuner.
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/13/2009 3:54 pm
This one's my fav:

http://www.korg.com/product.aspx?&pd=116

I love the little slit in the back so you can use a credit card to stand it up.
People constantly laugh at me for doing that, but it tells you to use one in the instruction manual and it works great.
# 2
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/13/2009 4:13 pm
the last acoustic I bought had a built in tuner, makes me feel spoiled never having to worry if I have one with me or remembering where it is....I have to say I love it.

I also have the korg...great tuner!
# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/14/2009 12:09 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorThis one's my fav:

http://www.korg.com/product.aspx?&pd=116

I love the little slit in the back so you can use a credit card to stand it up.
People constantly laugh at me for doing that, but it tells you to use one in the instruction manual and it works great.

I had a fairly old school version of almost the same thing but it had a clear 'cassette' case flip around on it so it had its own thing to lean on. I love that tuner.
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/14/2009 12:27 am
I don't know if any of you guys have tried it or not, but there's a Guitar Tricks tuner on the site that can be downloaded to your desktop.
It plays notes that you have to match by ear, instead of a needle and lights but I've actually found it to be a really fast way to tune up my acoustic just before recording. Plus it's got several alternate tunings as well.

Just download it and leave it on your desktop. Double click on the icon when you want to use it and hit the keypad numbers 1 thru 6 to trigger the sounds.
You just listen to it real quick to make sure everything's in tune, then switch back to your recording software.
# 5
paddyz1
paddyz1
03/14/2009 8:21 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorI don't know if any of you guys have tried it or not, but there's a Guitar Tricks tuner on the site that can be downloaded to your desktop.
It plays notes that you have to match by ear, instead of a needle and lights but I've actually found it to be a really fast way to tune up my acoustic just before recording. Plus it's got several alternate tunings as well.

Just download it and leave it on your desktop. Double click on the icon when you want to use it and hit the keypad numbers 1 thru 6 to trigger the sounds.
You just listen to it real quick to make sure everything's in tune, then switch back to your recording software.

I can vouch for that. I used it when I first joined GT. It helped my ear training to a degree. The wife then brought me a clip on tuner which is great.
I compared the manual tuning to the electronic tuning and I wasn't far out.

I still use both, GT tuner for training and the clip on for ease. Practise tuning by ear, it is invaluable.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.