floyd rose tremolo system

GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
03/10/2009 1:05 am
Can I put a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge on my Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat (without drilling or boring) and will that help it stay in tune better?
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/11/2009 11:39 pm
Originally Posted by: GuitardedGeezerCan I put a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge on my Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat (without drilling or boring) and will that help it stay in tune better?

It will help you stay in tune better so long as your issue is that the tuners. bridge o nut are creating the problem.

Before putting a Floyd Rose, check with a good guitar repairman to have him look at the nut or bridge saddles for burs or roughness. Depending on your issue, you may just need a little TLC.

To you question about putting in a Floyd. Is your guitar this ? If so, then yes you would. The locking nut requires some woodwork be done and the posts that are screwed in to the body for the bridge to hold against will likely need to be drill/bored/enlarged. You will have less stuff to do versus a guitar that never had a tremolo but you will still need it.
# 2
GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
03/14/2009 9:02 pm
Yep, that's the guitar I have. Thanks for the info. Right now all is well as it will hold a tune through an entire practices session. But it's nice to know since one day I will probably upgrade a few things.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.