03/07/2009 5:00 am
Image of guitar

I paid 350$CAN for this guitar tax in,

Pros,
-Dashing good looks
-licensed floyd rose tremolo and locking nut
-very smooth comfortable neck
-25.5 neck scale length, with jumbo frets
-the frets and neck are very nice, better than many high priced G-tars ive played
-maple neck with rosewood fretboard and basswood body are all built very tough and have a very nice tone very bassy and yet the high notes sing out.
-high quality zero noise pots and pup selector

cons
- the tremolo doesn't stay in tune perfectly with heavy-er gauged strings like dadario chrome .10 semi hollow guitar strings , however it does stay in tune near perfect with .9 and ,8 electric guitar strings
- the tuners are less than decent, but you only use them for an initial tune up then lock the nut so its fine.

Overall,
The quality of this guitar is way more than you pay for, plays and feels like a thousand dollar ibanez or jackson(if not better) but the pups need to be upgraded to meet or exceeded those guitars in tone, and an original floyd rose would be a good upgraded but is not required unless your are touring.

the stock pups,
the bridge position pup is very sharp and clear almost to sharp for my liking
the neck position pup is very bassy lots of mid range lacks a lot of treble, but when you mix the two together it evens out. all in all a very good tone for heavy music does country well to on the bridge position and it sure can wail the blues and drive the rhythms.

this would be a great Main axe for gigging with a pup upgrade or a rock solid back up guitar(did i mention its very reliable and can take loads of abuses, trust me:P)

as for a beginner this is an excellent axe cheap price combined with great construction and options to upgrade it in the future.

i hope this helps, keep on spreading the wave.

Cheers

Ps. i got the metallic blue, the finish is quite impressive the picture does not do it justice
PPs. i just bought a Peavey 120 watt tube vypyr amp. il be posting a review for this item very soun, feel free to PM with any question regarding the predator or the vypyr, I don't Bite. :p
No Worries, Live Life
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.