Guitar is...

IzzyPhoreal
IzzyPhoreal
03/01/2009 7:11 pm
Greetings everyone. I've been playing guitar for over 30 years and I still haven't lost my enthusiasm and my willingness to further my craft. Guitar playing can be many things to many people, but for me it has always been a source of comfort when I needed it, an outlet when inspiration came knocking.

But most importantly it has always been a dependable friend who was always been at my side ready to convert my inner feelings into beautiful music. A guitar is not just a piece of wood adorned with metal and plastic parts, but it's rarther an extension of what we are, of who we are.

Guitar playing is not about chops, about speed, about knowing the chord dictionary by heart (they are tools, nothing more). Guitar playing is about expression, about sharing with the world what you have to say. In other words, our focus should be on becoming more eloquent with our instrument, rather than get lost in the sea of theory.

I am here primarily to learn, as one's apprentiship is never over. A wise man once said "Everyone is my superior as I may learn from him".

With that in mind, I come here with an open mind and an open spirit ready to take in as much as I can from this community of like-minded brothers and sisters.

Thanks for having me.

Izzy
# 1
Marack
Marack
03/01/2009 7:51 pm
Welcome to Guitar Tricks
She touched my pepe Steve

Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
- George Jackson
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/01/2009 8:00 pm
Very well said Izzy and welcome to Guitar Tricks! :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.