Just a comment

Chancy
Chancy
02/18/2009 1:13 pm
I signed up yesterday and am really enjoying this. I take lessons but during the week it gets hard to focus on what else to practice. By going back to the basics "fundamentals" , I did see where I had skipped alot. I breezed through fundamentals 1 and am in the early stages of fundamentals II now. I can tell this is where I belong. Its nice to learn from my real life instructor as he is a gifted player, but now I am able to go back and fill in the blanks of some things I missed before I found him.. Thanks
# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/20/2009 5:44 am
Hi Chancy-

Welcome! Thanks for your note. What a great idea, to use Guitar Tricks as an adjunct to your work with a "real life" instructor. Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions. Meanwhile, have fun!

Best wishes, Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2
Chancy
Chancy
02/21/2009 12:12 am
Thanks Lisa. Yeah it seems with the messing around Ive done with the guitar over the years , its really left alot of gaps in my skill and knowledge. I have alot of backpedaling to do in many areas. I get on here and run through anywhere between 2 and 10 lessons a day depending on where I am. I cant believe how much information there is. Its always fun to break out of the chord practice or scale practice and learn a really cool lick. Its nice to have the freedom to have that fun to break the boredom , then get back to the grind. Thanks again
# 3
Gitarrenhero
Gitarrenhero
02/21/2009 8:24 am
I'm doing exactly the same. Once in a week I take lessons by a "real" instructor, but beside practicing what I learned in these lessons, I decided to join GuitarTricks.com. It gives me the perfect chance to recall what I've learned (or maybe better: what I've should have learned...), but it also gives me the chance to see some new stuff and to repeat as much as I like.
Hope this helps me to become better!
Greetings from Germany!

Jens
# 4
Chancy
Chancy
03/01/2009 3:26 pm
I've been on less than 2 weeks and still doing great. I'm still in fundamentals 2 but I'm trying not to skip too much. I did breeze through musical notes but I plan on going back.
I realize that I won't master each area before moving on but I intend to have a decent grasp before I continue. I love the layout so far and when I'm bored I usually check the forums and can find a quick lesson or two that challenge me in a new area.
Every couple of days I get a little frustrated because I haven't been able to do more but then I eventually come down to earth and realize I have really only been playing since Christmas. I am my toughest critic for sure.
Anyway thanks for the tools GT. You get a two thumbs up from me.
I edited this , as i did find the Q and A forum may be the place to bring my suggestions up, even though its not a lesson suggestion but one for the site... thanks again
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.