A little more than just starting out

JoR0
JoR0
02/02/2009 10:31 pm
Hi im actually a little more than just starting out, but i couldnt find a better place to put this...anyway, i can play stuff like electric funeral (sabbath), opening for sweet child of mine, opening for welcome home(coheed), woman with the beginning of the solo pretty well, the riff for black sabbath, (etc.)

anyway, this site has already helped me in learning new scales to practice, but i was wondering if some1 could point me in the direction of some more songs to get down on my level( or a little above), scales are fun but they arent as satisfying as a full song if you know what i mean.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
02/02/2009 11:32 pm
Hey man whats up. The "openings" are actually called intro's just to clear up any confusion, what everyone ese calls em just so were on the same page. But judging by the stuff you already learned, you can learn Iron Man by Sabbath, very easy, but learn it as power chords and not on the E string tab here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/black_sabbath/iron_man_ver4_tab.htm . Also Paranoid is pretty simple. Last but not least Metallica has some very easy riffs for beginners. Seek and destroy is a great beginner song as its easy and gets all your fingers goin. Enter Sandman, Whever I may Roam has a killer intro, and off their new record, Suicide and Redemption is very easy. Check em out and get back to me I'll shoot you some more or let me kno what you need help with.

Also, don't just learn the easy verions of songs like on a lot of Youtube videos, learn the actual notes through tabs and songbooks. If you can't jam along well to cd's, your either out of tune or your playing the simplfied version of the song.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
JoR0
JoR0
02/03/2009 2:13 am
thanks for the link, i guess i should have mentioned i have iron man and paranoid (big sabbath fan) under my belt too, still grappling with the solo though, in any case ill definately check out those other songs tonight, oh and lol, yeah i know the term "intros" i was just typing this about 5 minutes before leaving for class and i wasnt really using technical terms. :)

EDIT: oh and if anyone out there knows any particularly good ones for strumming speed and accuracy, I'm a "guitar hero" vet, so i have fingering speed down fairly well (SO many strings though, my accuracy could use a bit of improvement), and can actually strum better with my thumb by a little bit, though im working on pick 99.5% simply because i never wanted to end up with the nick name "thundering thumb"
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/12/2009 7:17 am
I totally get where you're at.
Unfortunately because of copyright hassles, us teaches can't publish songs.

What I might suggest is check out the Jam player section.
There's tons of backup songs in various keys that you can practice to.
In fact a few of them may even remind you of famous songs.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.