View post (Free Waves GTR Solo software)

View thread

jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/29/2009 5:23 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin Taylorhmm.. it depends on the computer. I'm not that familiar with Windows stuff but you might need to install a soundcard. Those usually have either 1/8" or 1/4" inputs that you can connect to directly or with an adapter.

Macs already have the soundcard built in and you just need to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to plug it in.
Although for best results you might want to get an external firewire box like the M-Audio Firewire 410 or something similar.
With that you take your guitar and either plug it in directly to the 410 which is then plugged into your firewire input. This will give you a lower latency than the built in soundcard.

There's other ways as well. Some companies make specific USB guitar cables that you just plug in.

So Kevin what about those interfaces like the one here? I answered to Mark1237 saying it's a way to connect a guitar to a computer. That's what I read at the supplied link above.

And for the USB guitar cables, do you mean I can connect my guitar to my computer with it and record tracks that can be used with the GTR Solo software by example?
[FONT=Verdana]Jonathan Poulin
Quebec Canada[/FONT]