Best simple harmony unit?

Bryan Briggs
Bryan Briggs
01/27/2009 8:26 am
I've used different ones in the past, a rackmount Digitech IPS33B, and a Boss Harmonist years ago. I've gone super simple with my setup now (tube amp and a [U]few[/U] pedals. I need a floor unit that can give me intelligent harmony without having to bend down and turn a knob for a different key. Doesn't have to be too fancy either...... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I've been a bit out of the loop for this kinda thing for a few years.....
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
01/27/2009 11:21 am
Hi Bryan, for multiple harmony setups you're probably looking at a multi-fx unit with 4 or more stomp buttons so you can load up your presets.
If you were going to splash out a little, you could look at the G Major with the floor controller for triggering your fx settings - that would eliminate the need for pretty much any other pedal ever. It's purely an fx unit for adding to good amp setups, no distortions etc and it allows very deep teaking beyond the presets. I think Vai uses this now and has ditched his super sized freezer of rack gear for one small floor unit running through a Carvin Legacy setup. At $350'ish new they look very promising - I'm sure you could get a used one or even new one for cheaper on EvilBay.
If you wanted to splash out a lot... then get an Eventide Harmonizer or an Eventide Eclypse!
http://www.zzounds.com/item--TCEGMAJOR
# 2
Bryan Briggs
Bryan Briggs
02/03/2009 6:35 pm
Awesome, thank you so much!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.