Clear history, is it possible?

jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/21/2009 6:26 am
Hello,

For some reasons I want the history of watched lessons cleared.

Is it possible right now?
Maybe I don't see the link to do it.
Or maybe should you add the fonction.

Since I am new at Guitar Tricks, I surfed around and clicked on many lessons. Now my history contains some lessons that I do not have watched but only clicked by curiousity. In other terms, if you go to any tutorial page, under the section "Contents" you have a small red guitar pick on the left of content you have seen before.

That could help me to keep a better organization of my progress if the history could be cleared entirely or partially.

Thank you
[FONT=Verdana]Jonathan Poulin
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
01/21/2009 9:39 pm
It isn't possible right now. We use the history data for internal purposes and can't delete it.

However, you have done a great job of explaining why this would be a good feature. So we will include it in a future release.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/22/2009 12:16 am
Hi Jon,

Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickWe use the history data for internal purposes and can't delete it.

I understand. This might be a good job to implement it quickly. Just as you said include it in future release. It could be useful at least for me! :)

Very happy to see that you consider my idea seriously.
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 3
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/04/2011 7:38 am
Hi

I have not been around the site for a very long period (like 10 months). I have a busy life with a new house and the birth of my son!

I see a lot of changes like the songs section. This is all very impressive. I hope to get some time to pratice the guitar using Guitar Tricks. I just renewed my subscription for another year.

So for the thread's question, still no way to delete those history items? It's not a big deal. Just asking. I was just surfing around the forum to see some of my unread subscribed thread replies.

Thank you
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 4
mdominic
Full Access
mdominic
Full Access
04/14/2024 9:47 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: Jon Broderick
It isn't possible right now. We use the history data for internal purposes and can't delete it.

However, you have done a great job of explaining why this would be a good feature. So we will include it in a future release.

Jon

15 years later you haven't added this feature. 

# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/16/2024 5:24 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: mdominic

15 years later you haven't added this feature. 

Hi Mdominic! We actually do have this feature available now. We have to complete the process on the admin side though. If you would like to have your history wiped, please send us an email to admin@guitartricks.com

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.