Looking for feedback on a working demo - detuned 7 string

Superhuman
Superhuman
01/15/2009 12:15 pm
Hey Guys,
Haven't posted any music in ages because I haven't been able to get into my studio for ages. Anyway, things are back on an even keel again now so I managed to get back to my trusty axes and start on a few riffs that were rattling around my head. This one was recorded using my EBMM Petrucci 7 string downtuned to A - nice and heavy. No mix yet so everything is fighting through the low frequencies, needs some boosting in the mids and highs.

Just looking for some feedback on the direction of this piece so far. Discount the solos, they will be redone and worked out - at the moment they are just improv jams. Looking more for feedback on the direction, feel, pace and riffs etc at this stage. This is only a demo, everything will be rerecorded properly using some other gear. I also have an excellent bass player working with me on a few projects now so this track will be beefed up considerably.

Working title: 'Doomed'
http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3ID=57392

Would appreciate any feedback.
Cheers
SH
# 1
equator
equator
01/15/2009 7:28 pm
Hey Dave, good to hear your music again.
Big sound on your guitar, squealing harmonics popping up right in the middle of your phrases.
The riffs are powerful and I know you will record a few shred lines over them and redo the wah passages before releasing the final mix-down.
Keep the good work, man. :)
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
01/15/2009 7:58 pm
Hey man thanks for the positive feedback, it's great to be playing again, this ones heavier than my older stuff but i like where it's going. I'll be sure to post the final version when completed. Hopefully things work out with this new bass player, he can shred on a 5 string while finger picking and doing the funky thumb strikes. Should be interesting.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.