View post (Where can I learn how to read Schematics, and circuit diagrams?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/26/2001 11:23 pm
Thanks guys... I'll probably get back to ya with some more questions...
Lord: oh yeah, I know it takes thousands of turns (or you could do some funkty stuff, like putting a resistor in, to reduce the number of turns).... Last year I did a little project on transformers .... Cos quite frankly i was lazy, and thought winding a piece of wire hundreds and hundreds of times would be less taxing than having to do anything complicated... Oh how wrong i was... but it's not so bad when you're watching tv which passes the time a lot quiker... but you'll remember a whole vocab of forgotten profanities as you relize you just put 50 turns round the card that just meant to hold the thing together....
Anyway, there's a local man who winds his own pickups, and sells them for about £30 which isn't bad... Everyone is going hysterical over them... aparantly symore-duncans aren't a patch on them... but they're fragile... Any thoughts on this point?

Oh yeah, I'm getting an FM radio transmitter for guitar... can play through my amp and have all the radio's in the house set to it, so you get a surround sound... cool eh? oh yeah, you can also put your guitar through the amp for a clean tone, then put the out put through a pedal and through the transmitter (it's floor mounted.. I hate the portable jobbies and having to get batterires for them), and so you get a mixture of your clean sound and you'r wah, or flanging or whatever.... Why is this post so long, I was just gonna say thanks.. anyway, back to work...