View post (January ’09 Solo Assignment.)

View thread

mpaq
mpaq
03/27/2009 7:02 pm
Originally Posted by: RazboSpeaking as a novice player, I would be quite shy about participating and posting my efforts. Perhaps that is one of the hurdles the idea faces if I am not unique in that feeling and only those already confident in their abilities would post.

Just guessing.

The other poster's idea of beginner, intermediate and experienced levels would help.

Razbo - thanks for your honesty. Thats what this site is though...a learning site. I know of no better way to learn than to get feedback on your efforts so you know how to take corrective actions. I understand why you might be shy, some boards can be hostile or "clubby" but i never got that sense from this one. We dont "rate" each other or pit one tune against another...its not a contest, but more of a forum to share ideas and get constructive critique on how you could have made a track better. The lessons on the site are much the same...everything from how to hold a pick right up to complicated theory and advanced playing techniques. Something for everyone.
Besides its all virtual, if i suck, why do i care...its not like anyone knows me :)