View post (January ’09 Solo Assignment.)

View thread

WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
01/09/2009 10:17 pm
Originally Posted by: equator

WrigglerUk. Thanks, appreciate the comment. Glad you liked it.
I listened to your take as well and I thought that it sounds good overall.
The only constructive criticism I can give you is to not pan the guitars to hard to the sides, also I find it a little difficult to focus on the direction you are taking your solo because you have the two guitars going at the same time, and it is like one track is going somewhere and the other somewhere else. In my opinion, the guitars would sound better if you place them one after the other, kind of a call and response or use the slide guitar very sparingly . I hope you don’t mind me saying that. ;)

Silimtao. I downloaded both of your takes, and I must say that you played some really nice phrases in both.
I commend you for not giving up on this, even with all the problems your hardware is giving you.
I have a Line 6 guitar port, and it produced the same pops and cracks that I hear in your recordings, plus I never got that thing to have an acceptable latency for recording. I used to record my takes and then drag them to try to make them sound in sync with the backing. I got tired of it and I have never use it again.

There is an open source software that allows you to record your screen, (if you don’t have one already) it is called CamStudio.

Make a video of Audacity or whatever program you are using to record your music and make sure to show the preferences window, and all the things you do when you record your music.
Upload the video to Soundclick so we can see it and maybe we can help you resolve the problem.
Here is the link to CamStudio.
http://camstudio.org/

Thanks guys again.

I dont mind at all! I'm just having fun & feedback is welcome. The take was very rushed - half an hour between download and upload, the song was just that good... I'll do it again before the month is out.

Why didn't I think of camstudio... software support is my trade after all! :eek: Thats an excellent idea... really there should be no latency if the Toneport drivers are installed. Although Audacity needs to be told to use the Toneport explicitly. If its set up correctly, the Toneport actually becomes a second soundcard, replacing the onboard one. I'm sure we can beat it into submission...!
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?