View post (CMaj7 Jam)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/15/2009 11:55 pm
Originally Posted by: SilimtaoHeya Kevin-

I didn't even know this thread existed until I was just scrolling around. I was going to name my solo "Fat Chicks", but I doubt anyone would get the reference (including possibly you).

That's a really beautiful BT you did, and it'd be really cool if you did a solo over it. Everything's so subtle in it, but I think it could stand on its own as a tune. I think it'd be cool if you listened to the solos and commented on them. I'm still deciding whether to keep working on my solo or not, but I bet you'd be surprised how different players interpret a backing track.

Your name comes up every now and then in "that other forum". You should visit over there just for laughs.

Of course I remember... although due to current forum rules they now have to be referred to as "Large Proportioned Females with Unfortunate Facial Characteristics"

Many thanks guys... I promise I'll listen as soon as I get up the courage. It's just kinda like.... listening to my own stuff just a coupla weeks after recording it is kinda creepy... it's sorta like watching a hidden video of yourself going to the bathroom or whatever... it kinda gives ya the heeby jeebies :)

Wish I had the time to add a solo to this thing, but with the 500 or so HD Videos I have to redo for Guitar Tricks I just don't have the time.
Even that was just a one-off recording of about 20 others I did in a couple of weeks period for lessons.

Anyways... all of em are backed up on hard drive so as long as I don't croak in the next 20 years, at some time I'll get back to em. :)