wind cries mary/ eruption up!

quickfingers
quickfingers
01/02/2009 2:03 am
two songs i recorded today, sortof spent now after those wicked EVH bends.

myspace.com/thechadvandykeexperience

"eruption" breaks apart from what you might remember it as, but structurally it's the same. i changed the lick before the tapping part substantially and the timing is a little hard to follow but i really truly hate that lick he plays beforehand, and i was a bit tired physically so i didn't step up as well as i could have.

"wind cries mary" took me only about an hour or so, i don't know if i dig the guitar tone i used for the solo, it was just clean with an acoustic fx pedal but in the mix it runs into the rhythm guitar alot and it's hard to distinctively tell them apart. but save that minor complaint on my part, the whole song is identical to jimi's.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/09/2009 12:31 am
Couldnt get eruption to play, but mary comes through... Love burn the house. Like that surfer sound! GREAT STUFF!!!!!
I see you're up in Vancouver. I'm down in Portland.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/10/2009 8:41 pm
ah, yes...i'm a portlander at heart. vancouver is a barren wasteland of crappy sports/dive bars and lifeless, uninteresting people.

okay, a bit too harsh. but vancouver people versus portland people are like two different people altogether i think.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/10/2009 8:47 pm
Really? I would figure that because they are only separated by the river, they would all be the same. Vancouver doesn't seem like a bad place to live at all to me. You guys are a lot closer to Washougal which the area home to another one of my passions, Motocross. :)
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/10/2009 8:52 pm
yea, it's a weird melting ground of the mountain folk (yakolt, battleground, etc), methheads, and hipster douchebags who's parents have alot of money. but really, the fact that nightlife here is almost nonexistant (save for the above mentioned crappy bars with lifeless people) and metropolitan life booming over in pdx, there leaves a great divide between pdx'ers and 'couvers. during the election it was funny to drive from downtown portland, seeing only obama ads everywhere, and then cross the river and slowly start to see mccain more and more, until you hit battleground/north vancouver where obama ads where maybe 1 in 8.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/10/2009 10:29 pm
Yeah Portland is definitely a liberal city. It's almost shameful to be a republican in this city.
# 6
quickfingers
quickfingers
01/11/2009 5:03 am
yea, i'm a staunch liberal but when it's not only unpopular to be conservative, but shameful- then it's kindof hypocritical. most liberals complain that their views are suppressed so to supress other's views is equally undemocratic. kindof like how cool it is to hate bush right now. i give the dude props for dodging two fastballs with total resolve and a straight face. that earns points in my book, but GW is so far behind when it comes to points, it doesn't come close to making up for the rest of them.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.