Looking for wire diagram with no tone pots

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
12/22/2008 6:11 pm
Hey all... I'm going to be swapping out my pups. Putting in a ToneZone and an Air Norton. The setup I'm looking for is

3-way switch
2 volume pots
NO tone pots

As i was typing this, someone just sent me this link, does anyone know of Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio's wire color schemes are the same?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/pdfs/support/schematics/2h_2v_3w.pdf
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/23/2008 5:29 am
1) The black wire of the SD pup would be the red wire of a DiMarzio. This is the 'hot' lead.

2) The green wires are the same. The 'return' lead.

3) The balck and the white wires of the DiMarzio pup would be tied together to give a normal humbucker configuration. This connects the coils in series.

4) Using the pot shell as a ground point is sloppy workmanship, in my opinion. You not only risk damaging the pot with excess heat, but if the control cavity is foil lined, you will be creating 'ground loops' by giving the return currents more than one possible path. All of the ground connections should be run as separate wires that connect only to the shell of the jack.

5) For some more switching options, go to

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

and select "High Power", then "Tone Zone". Clicking the "Installation" button will bring up a PDF file explaining how the pickups are wired, and what options are available for selecting different sounds.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
12/24/2008 12:39 am
Thanks Lordathestrings
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.