View post (Days when it all goes wrong)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
12/21/2008 3:24 am
Originally Posted by: head_creepsReally???? I've never had a day when I've played like a god!! DAMMIT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

head_creeps

It's kinda like sports where you get in 'the zone' and you're hands don't need as much direction from your head and it just flows out. When I practiced, I had a regimen wherein I would start out with very mechanical exercises, move to something I wanted to work on/been working on with technique or style, last I would just let it rip. That's fun. After being warmed up and working out some new stuff, it's like being primed up. I would have a total guitarwank fest. Every once in a while I would hit that zone where it all came together. Nothin' like it and is that key to the crack-like addiction guitar players have to the instrument. Skill mastery (and thus attention to your Guitar Tricks lessons...) will do that for you.

I wouldn't call myself a 'master' but there were times where I think I could see the neighborhood but only after dedicated time to building skill and ability. I think that's my point.