View post (BluRay DVD)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/12/2008 5:29 pm
This is kinda off topic but it has to do with wanting to play an instructional guitar video so I figured I'd ask here.

I just bought an instructional guitar BluRay DVD and it doesn't play on my DVD player. (it just says "error".)

I kinda figure I'll need a DVD player capable of playing BluRay discs but what I'm wondering is if they'll play on a regular 4:3 TV screen or will I also need a Hi Def TV to view them as well.

Right now I've got a regular DVD player and a Sony 28" 4:3 television (you know....the 'ancient' ones with the actual tube)
Am I looking at buying both a new DVD player and a Hi Def flat screen or will I be ok with just a new DVD player?

I only bought the Sony 28" about a year ago so I'm not really into trashing it already and updating all my PVR stuff to HiDef if I can get away with it.
(besides..I invalidated the warranty on my rented PVR cause I replaced the hard drive with a 300GB so if I try to take it back now and exchange it for a HiDef, I might end up getting stuck with it cause I opened the case.)

Any info appreciated.