New Amp

Superfly
Superfly
12/23/2001 1:51 pm
I just recently bought PRS custom 22 and have no amp of my own to play it through. I had been looking at some Line 6 models but I am still undecided. My price rang was about 600 to 800 dollars. I'd appreciate any suggestions and recommondations you have because I'm sure you have more experience then me when it comes to amps. Thanks.

Superfly
# 1

12/23/2001 3:23 pm
Nice guitar you bought there man! You could get some pretty descent amps for that price range. If you're thinking Line 6, which is a good choice, then the Flextone, Spider, and Ax2 series of amps will probably fit in your range. Check out http://www.line6.com to see a listing of their products.
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/23/2001 7:19 pm
Such an axe should have something special in the way of an amplifier. Check out the Traynor Custom Valve series from Yorkville Sound. http://www.yorkville.com/

They have reprinted several magazine reviews of the YCV40. The newer YCV80 can be expected to be more of the same.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Sivert Skaaren
Sivert Skaaren
12/25/2001 4:01 am
hey,

first, i can't really say which amp u should try, without
knowing what sound u're after.. which music do u like?
which bands? what do u mainly play? what do u expect from
yer amp?

the Line6 is a nice amp.. but some says it sounds weak when u play loud... Marshall JCM TSL/900/6100 is nice if u want a metal sound.. JCM 800 if u want a more cruchy sound... (u can't get a good jazztone from a Marshall.. at least not theese models..) Mesa Boogie got some real nice amps.. but they're a bit more expencive.. some says they're overpriced.. Mark IV is really nice.. Nomand too.. Buddah got some reeeaaal nice blues amps.. expencive... Laney have some amps that can be compared to Marshall.. bot Valvstate(hybrid amps) and JCM (I think the Laneymodel is called GH).. Fender Tonemaster is a nice amp.. but i'm not really in on Fender.. still some prefer thoose... Peavey 5150.. some say they su*** some love them.. a sharp and agresive distortion... Peavey Classic.. cheap and really good amp.. useage from blues to rock... one of the best bluesamps i've ever tried..

well.. here's a little list.. but it's your choice.. i just comes up with this list so u have something to choose from..

Myself, i'm playing through a Marshall JCM 800 2553 (Silver Jubilee series).. i love that amp.. but i need a delay/reverb box to have in the fx-loop and compression and some extra distortion for the really heavy parts as a preamp too make it sound like i want it to...

if there's anything u want to know.. mail me.. or
find a couple of reviews on the net..(but some of them ain't trustworthy)...

Sivert Skaaren
(aka Acron)
S. G. Skaaren
aka Acron(GW)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.