The Godin brands

Steve Mac Live
Steve Mac Live
12/11/2008 2:08 am
Was curious if anyone has played all of the Godin brands: Seagull, Simon & Patrick, and Art and Luthiere (sp?). I have played the Simon and A & L, and love them both more than any other brand that I have played/tried. But was curious if anyone with more experience and knowledge than me knows the difference between the two (I can't tell). As well, which one would you recommend (if I can even find a decent seller and selection of the S&P).

Thanks,
Steve Mac
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/11/2008 12:04 pm
Originally Posted by: Steve Mac LiveWas curious if anyone has played all of the Godin brands: Seagull, Simon & Patrick, and Art and Luthiere (sp?).

Godin is a totally pro operation. They are superior craftsmen of fine instruments even though "mass produced".

I have two LaPatrie classical guitars (a division of Godin). I've played all of their other makes and models over the years. Recently I've talked to some of their reps at the company and at the NAMM trade shows. I was very pleased with their down to earth approach, serious concern with quality, and commitment to making fine musical machinery. :)

None of that should convince you to buy one. You should only get a Godin if sounds good to you and tactily feels right in your fingers, hands arms and torso. I am only trying to assure you that if you do choose to get one, they are a reputable company that makes a fine product.

If you are interested, email or private message me and I can point you to a dealer you can trust.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.