I am struggling

gmixstudios
gmixstudios
12/10/2008 9:17 am
I am into music tech
so I have cubsase etc, I share a room with a dude who is always blazing
I came off the cabage about 4 years ago when I gave up beer and i dont want to go back kbut i struggle when i smell it.
this guy wont stop blazing and i dont know what to do
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/11/2008 10:19 pm
Been there and done just about everything in a HUGE way -still managed to come out the other side and make a success out of myself. Only way to escape from all of that is to blank it completely, either he goes or you do - otherwise you'll end up miserable or wasted. The alternative of course is to tell your mate that you don't want any smoke in the house incase you fall off the wagon. It's very hard to get yourself straight but its very easy to lapse back into getting smashed all the time.
The band I was in during the early 90's lived the GNR lifestyle for real, I managed to get out and sort myself out before it was too late - found out a while ago that the other guitarist (my best mate at the time) died from an OD two years ago (guy got badly hooked on smack and coke after he decided £150 worth of hash per week and a bottle of vodka+ per day wasn't enough). The other dudes from the band are all misfits now too, glad I got sorted because now I'm married with kids and run a very successful business. Seriously take up weights, the endorphins make you feel a lot better and when you get fit the last thing you'll want is to smoke your brains out :) Stay strong!
# 2
latverian
latverian
12/28/2008 8:03 pm
you must understand that everyone is different. someone people allow the drugs or booze to control them and others control the drugs and booze.

Many of the best songs ever made were written and played while the artisit was high.

I enjoy getting a buzz before playing or praticing. I have for yrs and I have always kept it in check. I can have pills in front of me for weeks at a time and not even be tempted but when I want to get high ill grab some and pop them.

A recreational high is fine if you have the ability to control yourself and that is the problem for MOST people. They lack self control and will power and turn into addicts.

Try to not make blanket statements or speack in absolutes because there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule. Except for death of course!
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/29/2008 12:53 am
It's tough man, I know. Been there myself. If your situation allows it, you need to separate yourself from the temptation. Easier said than done I know but why put yourself in a situation that brings it to your attention all the time. If you can't leave then you gotta talk to the dude. Tell him the same thing you wrote here. If he's halfway cool, he'll understand.

Hope it goes well for you. Like Superhuman said, 'stay strong' and remember why you gave the stuff up to begin with.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
RockyMtnDew
RockyMtnDew
12/29/2008 5:46 am
Start lookin for another roomie, and in the mean time focus on your music and your personal success. Try not to obsess on him. Stay strong and keep reaching out for support when you feel the need. You will make it just fine.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.