drum machine?

jamesplaysgitar
jamesplaysgitar
12/08/2008 11:06 pm
what is a good drum machine (either purchased or downloaded) that i can create my own drum tracks on.

im doing death metal/grindcore so it needs to have a good bass and snare.
and possibly a china cymbal.

i dont really care about price.

also, what are some good microphones for recording guitar?

thanks.
# 1
Ben Lila
Ben Lila
12/09/2008 2:07 am
I wish I could tell you, I'm in the market for one myself...
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/09/2008 6:29 am
The best ones are the VST types like Battery. You can just about place any rhythm you want by just linking mdid fies into them..:''

ie:

/Volumes/750GB HD 2/MIDI Files/Gary Numan - Cars [met teks.mid

/Volumes/750GB HD 2/MIDI Files/Michelle (Rubber Soul) [met.mid/Volumes/750GB HD 2/MIDI Files/Norwegian Wood (Rubber Soul.mid
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/09/2008 10:05 am
If you are new to the world of music creation and you are into metal in particular - you should definitely take a look at EZdrummer with the EZX DFH (drummer from hell) add on - check it out at www.toontrack.com . There are beats prgrammed by the drummers from Meshugga, Naglfar, Persuader, Nocturnal Rites and a few others - lots of blast beats and monster double bass lines. The cool thing about EZdrummer is it is easy to use from the box - no learning curve. All of the beats are pre programmed and you just have to join them together, splice the parts you want and drop in the rolls and fills etc. The software itself is programmed in midi (you can also program your own beats if you want) and it triggers real sampled drums so it sounds like a real kit played by a real drummer. Each drum is sampled a number of times so the beats sound more organic and realistic. The library of beats is massive but if you want more you can always buy another library from www.groovemonkey.com

EZdrummer is very cool but if you wanted to bring it up a level then you could look at Toontrack's DFH2 (Drummer From Hell 2). It's way more advanced and allows you to tweak any element imaginable, it also includes a number of different kit types and effects - reverbs, room types, sticks/brushes, compression, EQ etc. Plus a massive library of beats - the cool thing with any Toontrack package is that the beats are compatable across the board. So if you start with EZdrummer and like it, then when you upgrade to DFH2 you can still playall of your old beats and recordings.
# 4
jamesplaysgitar
jamesplaysgitar
12/10/2008 1:50 am
thanks a bunch guys!
# 5
RandySeed
Full Access
RandySeed
Full Access
12/22/2008 5:13 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanIf you are new to the world of music creation and you are into metal in particular - you should definitely take a look at EZdrummer

Ditto on EZDrummer. I love it. I've got several sets, POP ROCK, LATIN, COCKTAIL, and NASHVILLE and I have my eye on several of the others. I can spend hours playing with this thing.

I love to try strange things like switch from the NASHVILLE kits to the LATIN kits or vice versa while leaving the beats the same. The possibilities are endless.

If you're writing songs, arranging is easy by just concatenating the clips together. In the NASHVILLE set they are arranged by intros, fills, verses, choruses, and bridges.

The mixer is nice too; you can turn up or down any of the individual drums as well as the room and overhead mics.

It's a great product.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.