New Guy

jhallberry
jhallberry
12/05/2008 3:41 pm
Hi. everybody. I am new to this site and find it very interesting. I only play accustic and would love suggestions of songs to try and learn that sound good when playing solo without a band. The last 3 songs I learned were:

1. Rusty Cage (Johnny Cash version)
2. Pacing the Cage - Bruce Cockburn
3. I Could Have Lied - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Also, any good Christmas Carol Tab out there, 'Tis the season
# 1
Bryan Connolly
Bryan Connolly
12/05/2008 7:45 pm
If you're into the Chili Peppers, try "Under the Bridge." I'm not sure what skill level you're at, but if you've pretty much got those other songs down this one will either be easy or it'll be one that'll be fun to work toward. One that I learned recently myself was "Hey Jude", which contains some tricky changes and most of the chords are barre chords, so it's a good workout.

I'm somewhat new also, so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to say this, but welcome!

-Bryan
# 2
oldtimehobbies
Full Access
oldtimehobbies
Full Access
12/05/2008 11:17 pm
I think you're qualified :) I too only play acoustic. I have only been playing since August and am pretty guilty of not learning any "songs" yet. So maybe I will give those you like a whirl. I have played parts of songs here and there.

I still am a little slow at chord changes but am improving a lot faster now that I have really buckled down and started practicing them hard. I have dedicated most of my practice schedule to chords and chord changes the last 2 weeks and yeah maybe I should have done it first hahah.

Hope to see you around the forums more and if you learn anymore good acoustic songs let us I know,

Ed
I stay in the dog house its easier that way...
# 3
Wayne Benjamin
Wayne Benjamin
12/16/2008 7:25 pm
hello there :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.