Equator has a new axe.

equator
equator
12/01/2008 9:23 pm
Hi folks, as many of you know I was having major intonation problems with my guitar; so, I had several guitars in mind for consideration when I went to purchase my new guitar... among them Ibanez, Peavey, Kramer and Laguna.

After testing several guitars I decided to buy a Schecter Diamond Series C-1 FR. (white)
I’m going to play it for a couple of weeks before I write a proper review.

You can take a look at the pictures, reviews and specs bellow.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491

What do you guys think of this guitar?

Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
12/01/2008 10:36 pm
Like it a lot! Good looking. What pups are in it?
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
equator
equator
12/02/2008 12:30 am
Originally Posted by: RickBlackerLike it a lot! Good looking. What pups are in it?

Thanks Rick. :)
The pickups are Duncan Designed Active HB-105.

Schecter C-1 FR Electric Guitar Features:

Mahogany body
Bolt-on maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
24 jumbo frets
25.5" scale
Dot inlays
Duncan Designed Active HB-105 pickups
2 volume and one tone control
3-way pickup switch
Licensed Floyd Rose bridge
White binding
Black nickel hardware

equator's Music Page.

# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/02/2008 11:02 am
Nice looking axe dude! FR trems are very cool too, I got one on my latest Dean - I find the angle of the arm suits me even better than the Ibanez Lo-Pro (shock horror!). You should be able to get a fairly intense hot lead tone from those active pups too. The 25.5" scale kicks ass, very comfortable especially for those sweeps you like to play. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, have fun :)
# 4
equator
equator
12/02/2008 8:32 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanNice looking axe dude! FR trems are very cool too, I got one on my latest Dean - I find the angle of the arm suits me even better than the Ibanez Lo-Pro (shock horror!). You should be able to get a fairly intense hot lead tone from those active pups too. The 25.5" scale kicks ass, very comfortable especially for those sweeps you like to play. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with, have fun :)

Thanks Dave.
Yeah, I agree. Floyd Rose Tremolos are fun to play with. The guitar that I am restoring and upgrading is also equipped with a FR system. I am planning on loading a HSH set of DiMarzio Evolution pickups on that baby. :cool:

One of the things that made me decide to purchase the Schecter guitar were the Duncan Designed Active HB-105 pickups.
I tried different guitars on the very same amp, and when I plugged the Schecter in… I was sold right there and then. :)

The only thing that is taking me some time to get used to is the neck. I’ve been playing my Strat for 5 years, and the Schecter has a bigger neck, but it is starting to feel more comfortable the more I play it.

How often do you have to replace the pickup’s battery?
In your opinion. Which pups are better, EMG or the new Duncan Designed?
Have you heard of the AHB-1 Blackout Active Humbuckers?

equator's Music Page.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.