Ihsahn

Hjorvard
Hjorvard
11/29/2008 10:47 pm
Have a listen to this song from Ihsahn's second effort from his solo project. I grew up on black and death metal and a band I've been listening to since I was very young was Emperor. I think what appealed to me so much is that while the rest of the black metal world focused on under produced alchohol and satan inspired crap, Emperor thrived outside the norm and was continually progressive. Ihsahn as a guitarist has progressed greatly over the years, and his solo project is very impressive to me. His style is something I aspire to..or rather am inspired by to reach a style all my own just as he has over the years..in anycase, enough of my ranting, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4LJX2x52o&feature=related
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/30/2008 4:02 am
That's a long way from my usual listening material, but I can understand what you mean. Very musical. Not at all what I was expecting after you said "black metal".

Thanks for the link!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Hjorvard
Hjorvard
11/30/2008 7:13 am
No problem! Yeah there is a big misunderstanding when it comes to extreme metal, i.e. death metal is growling nonsense focusing on death and gore and speed, black metal is notyhing but screeching underproduced satanic music. There are some gems out there like Ihsahn that actually take thier craft seriously :)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.