View post (Is this normal?)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/12/2008 10:33 pm
Just wanted to post this because it's definitely relevant.

I bought a Sony PS3 about 6 months ago and started playing Grand Theft Auto almost daily.
About a month ago I noticed my first finger and thumb were starting to go numb.

It's kinda off topic I guess, but I suppose luckily, the unit malfunctioned and doesn't work anymore and even now after several weeks of not playing, my fingers are still feeling the effects of using it.

I guess the moral of the story is that even after playing the guitar for over 30 years, this is the first time that I've ever had anything affect my fingers in such a way as to cause discomfort enough that it was noticeable in my guitar playing.

Needless to say, even though I finally figured out how to fly the helicopter into the Empire States building and go under the city... I've put the PS3 away for good.
Even now while I'm typing I can feel the numbness in my first finger so I guess the major advice I can give here is, if you feel something wrong...stop what you're doing before you do permanent damage.

(bums me out btw:.... I finally figured out how those guys were firing rocket grenades from inside the airplane hangar and I was dying to get even :)