View post (A defensive reaction...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
12/11/2001 4:16 am
This Christmas, I'll be leading a presentation at the Christian Academy where I teach. It's going to be a nice combination of chimes and the guitar, I also convinced the choir director to let us perform a non tranditional song that we wrote together. It's going to be nice. And fortunately I gave them enough courgage to sing.

Now I'm not really a great singer, although I can hit the right notes and blend in rather nicely with the guitar, my voice isn't something I pride myself after. I've just never been very comfortable singing for the most part. However, as musicians, (and especially in my case) we sometimes have no choice. So although we don't like to sing, or despite whether or no we can find comfort within ourselves, it's important to try.

Now with todays current scene in music, there really aren't that may powerful vocalists in rock music. And those who can't sing choose to rap. Personally, if someone can't find enough courage to sing, they shouldn't use rap as a defensive reaction to certain quatlies that they don't possess, or are afraid to explore...

How do you guys feel?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."