View post (Lead problem. :o))

View thread

PittbullBlue
PittbullBlue
12/11/2001 1:01 am
Hi. I am a rythme (can't spell) guitarist. I was taught rythme and I'm having trouble learning to play lead now. I took a crash course in guitar and was thrown into a band before I was really ready. I moved away from the people in my old band and for awhile completely quit playing. Now I have problems learning from books...I hate reading music and tab. I don't know what to do. I finally found someone who wants to jam with me...but, I only know the songs I was taught or picked up over the few years I was learning to play. I don't know if you can help but, anything would be greatly appreciated. What I'm really concerned about isn't really lead...it's just that the guy I found to jam with is really, really good and he just lost feeling in 2 of his fingers, now he plays drums. Ive only played with him a few times...and I just don't want him to think I suck. I don't want to always play the same songs over and over. I want to be able to learn on my own and show him that I have talent. PLEASE HELP ME!!! LOL
Practice...Practice...PRACTICE!!!! It really does make perfect. :)