View post (November Backing Track Preview.)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
12/03/2008 1:42 am
Originally Posted by: WrigglerUkSilimtao - nice one! A very different approach that works well. Did you finger pick that - if so, I'm impressed! ( i'm impressed anyway... )

I've got an electro-classical as well, and it's a bugger to record, it just sounds hollow and metallic with tinny overtones. Yours had the same kind of effect, but much less so, I guess a better pickup. I just play mine unplugged, if I want to record it, I use a mic.

Hi Wriggler,

Thanks for your kind words! I fingerpicked part of it, as I'm a hybrid picker, but I tried as much as possible to fingerpick as much as possible for the "flamenco feel"- that's when you hear me off the beat many times, I had to play catch up with my pick. The fast trill at the end was with a pick- I'm not Paco de Lucia, lol. I also was hoping to record the nail scrape, but you really can't hear that. Yeah, I had a real hard time boosting my treble, and the damn thing sounds like a sitar in some places because it was then boosted too much and I couldn't find a happy medium. I was going to do another take, as I felt I left some good riffs on other tracks, but I got locked out of here, and spent the last 2 1/2 hrs. trying to get back in. I just went to my desktop to login, and I'm getting the same error message, so I'm too tired to do another take. Glad you liked it. I've yet to listen to anyone else yet.

Edit: Gaaaah! I had a cleaner track in my mind, but with same theme, and my hands feel fresh, but I was booted offline and GT tech support just got me back....guess it was meant to be. Haven't even had dinner! Grrrr....
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)