A few questions...

kick the baby
kick the baby
10/11/2008 8:58 pm
I'm new to the site and relatively new to guitar playing, and I have a few questions...

1.) I'm in a dilemma. I like to play songs, but I'm not good enough to play many songs, so I need to practice, except the practice method I am using is boring and dull, so I'm making no progress with practice and I can't play many songs... Is there a practice method out there that anyone has tried that is also fun?

2.) I'm confused about the theory regarding power chords, what I don't understand is the 5th and the octave, could someone explain it simpler, because my teacher hasn't really gone over musical terminology.
# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/11/2008 11:08 pm
Hi K.T.Baby,

What style of songs are you interested in? I strongly believe in supporting your guitar learning by learning to play full songs. I have some lessons and tutorials that teach specific songs as a reinforcement for certain skills - but I do not know if they would be a good match for you in terms of your musical interests.

Tell us more, and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Best - Lisa McCormcik
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2
kick the baby
kick the baby
10/11/2008 11:14 pm
I like to play any type of music, electric or acoustic (except for hip hop), but I like to play rock on my electric in particular (well, what little I actually can play, lol :p ).

Edit: If you need me to specify, I guess it would have to be rock.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.