View post (October backing track)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
10/22/2008 11:58 am
Pretty quiet thread this month, hope its not the backing track causing people trouble! I am approaching this one quite differently than my usual way - mostly due to a very long break from playing (about 5 months without any gutiar). I divided the track up into a series of completely different and independent parts of lead (each part being a single take with a different theme/tone & style).
This makes things a lot easier as you can focus on a short stand alone solo over each of the different riffs. For example, my opening solo uses the whammy bar and wah pedal over a small number of notes - uncomplicated but very unusual, the next solo is much faster and very 'outside' using some kind of diminished scale with lots of chromatics - this one was jammed off the cuff but came out nicely, the next is a more structured and simple followed by a standout solo that uses a big wah sound and huge tone, followed again by another jammed shred part and ending with a simple hook back to the intro. I tried to play a straight solo right through from start to finish but just couldn't come up with any solid ideas that kept me interested.
Anyway, just incase anyone else is finding this a little tough, you could try dividing it up like I did - hope that helps.

PS Thanks for the breakdown of the scales Equator - sounds impressive!