View post (Guitar tricks record?... Whos in?....)

View thread

12/06/2001 3:23 am
Xprince, glad to have you aboard man.

I agree that before we can get this straightened out, we need to setup a webpage and get a list up of the participants and various styles. It won't take logn to set up a prelimary page as soon as we decide whereabouts to start. Christoph, it's your webspace, so I'll leave it up to you with what you want to do about it. I'm mroe then happy to help out, but if you want to do it yourself then that's cool too. As for the forum, I'm good friends with a computer-wiz who owes me a couple favors, and I'm sure we could get one set up in time.

As for skills... hmm...
I would say I'm mostly a lead guy; I'm not the greatest at playing rhythm although I do think I have a good sense of composition (know a lot of interesting chords, progressions, etc.). If I had to define my lead style, I'd say a little bit of Slash, a little bit of Santana, maybe some Vai (I'm aspiring!) and my own flavor that I've gained from listening to bands and artists such as Boston, Triumph, Al Di Meola, Randy Rhoads, David Gilmore... I also play classical guitar. I'm still strengthing my technique with the nylon string (can get 16th notes at 115bpm usin the fingers (I don't know if thats good or not)) and strengthing my music reading.

Anyways, that sums it up. If I ever get done the song I'm currently recording, I'll post it somewhere so you can get an idea of where I'm at.