View post (Guitar tricks record?... Whos in?....)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/02/2001 1:23 pm
cool... I've got a decent response....
Right we're gonna need to pick a key (we'll just stick to the one key at first, just to keep matters simple... cos we dont really know the pit falls of recording with poeple on line yet)...
I'm gonna introduce a couple of rules just to keep things in check...
1) Avoid shreding... I dont want the whole thing to turn into a "I bet I can shred faster than you" thing...
2) If you can contribute something other than guitar please do...
3) Keep good records of anything you contribute (and do the old trick of mailing your own tab with words with tape (if possible) to your self, and don't open it to keep the proof of date), that way there should be no agro about someone riping anyone else off...

We're gonna need some web space... Anyone got any good suggestions?... When we do get this sorted, sign up and post the Url and the password to all poeple involved in this project...

Rask: Five please :)... the more the merrier....

Are we gonna be ambitious enough to try harmonies?... I'd love to do vocal harmonies :D....

AS for guitar: we all ready have plenty of capable guitarists, now we need to allocate poeple to doing certain things... or at least find out what everyone wants to do, how you intend to do it, and more importantly tell us what effects/ setting your playing with....

This project may take a while, so I ask everyone to be patient....

Is there anyone available for a producer's job?...

By the way this isn't my project, it's all of ours... so it's not just me orchestrating the whole thing... So feel free to hand your good ideas...

As for key, I like Gmaj, it sounds ok and keeps life simple..(we'll pick the most voted for key...)