View post (Interactive fretboard with sound)

View thread

equator
equator
09/07/2008 11:36 pm
Originally Posted by: rottenyellowThanks for the feedback!

I'm not to clear about natural harmonics ether. If you could give me an example that would be great. I will fix the misspellings, thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks!

For example if I’m playing in the key of E major; and I want to play a natural harmonic, if I play the harmonic on the low E string at fret 4...
I am still playing in key because the pitch produced by that harmonic is G#, which is part of the E major scale. (E-F#-G#-A-B-C#-D#)
E----------------------
B----------------------
G----------------------
D----------------------
A----------------------
E--------4[N.H]--------

However; if I play the harmonic on the D string at fret 5, I would be playing off key…because the pitch of that harmonic is D. And that note is not part of the key of E major.

I suggested to incorporate the Natural Harmonics into your interactive freatboard because I haven’t seen anything like that on the web. You have a good resource in your page, and it could be more complete if you add the natural harmonics feature.

There are other sites that show you the natural harmonics, but none that I know of… show you the relation of scales and natural harmonics in any given key.

Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.