View post (Interactive fretboard with sound)

View thread

rottenyellow
rottenyellow
09/05/2008 7:34 pm
Thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by: Superhuman
For each of the scales you could also have the modes colour coded (possibly to appear if you click on the root note of the mode) - when I look at the key of E for example the notes in the key come up all over the fretboard.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not clear what you mean. You want each scale pattern to be colored or not to show all over the fretboard, just one place one octave?

Originally Posted by: Superhuman
Explaining the various scales in detail wouldnt be necessary but an add-on that would allow you to input the chords you are using to provide the names of relevant scales would finish the software off and make it one of the best resources online.

Thats a great idea, but it would take some time to add this feature. I got a big list so far what needs to be added, but thats something I'm looking forward to add in the feature.

[QUOTE=equator]
*Show where the Natural Harmonics are with their respective pitches.

Observations:
*Some notes in the scales are misspelled; for instance:
G Ionian has a F# not a Gb.
D Ionian has F# and C#, not Gb and Db.
Etc, etc.

I'm not to clear about natural harmonics ether. If you could give me an example that would be great. I will fix the misspellings, thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks!
[FONT=Verdana]scaleRef.com - Interactive Fretboard Online [Scale Reference][/FONT]