View post (Tube Amp or Modeling amp?)

View thread

bofatron sofasaurus
bofatron sofasaurus
09/11/2000 4:53 am
I have an AX2...it is a great amp. I love the sounds and the versatility. But I too only use about 4 basic sounds. However, if you're in a cover band etc., you'll love the multiple sounds and effects. The floorboard can be had for $200 if you look around. I also suggest hitting a huge chain store that sells them and buy a demo model that's been on the floor for a year or more. I got the AX2 for $600 that way. I've used it every day for 3 years and it kicks ass. But I also use tube amps.

I have a Boogie that I love a lot. I like the latest technology so I'll always have a DMA but I also love tube amps that kill with a couple of sounds. If you're going to get a tube amp I would suggest a Boogie. But I didn't know that Boogie was making a combo verison of the single recto? Is that new? You know, they used to make the Dual Calibre amps and they had a lead channel circut taken from the recto head. You can find them used for pretty good prices , relatively speaking.

And if you're playing out the Line 6 floorboard is not an option...you'll need and want it for sure.
http://shredlikehell.com

Shred Like Hell